Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS)
Learn more about Minnesota's role in the NGSS through the following article and video:
- What are the Next Generation Science Standards? - an article from the January 2012 MnSTA Newsletter, which describes Minnesota's involvement in NGSS.
Presentations from the 3M/MDE Forum on Science and Engineering Education, October 31, 2012
- Agenda 3M/MDE Forum on Science and Engineering Education
- 3M Forum on Science and Engineering 2012 - main set of slides
- Framework Presentation -3M Forum - Susan Singer
- Minnesota and the Next Generation Science Standards
- Framework for K-12 Science Education Fact Sheet
Information about future workshops will be posted on this page.
The second public draft of the Next Generation Science Standards is now available and can be accessed at the web address below.
The following websites are helpful for background information and following the progress of NGSS:
- Next Generation Science Standards site: http://nextgenscience.org. This will be the site for accessing the public draft of the standards
- National Academy Press. http://nap.edu. Download (free) or purchase A Framework for K-12 Science Education, the document on which the NGSS are based. Many other foundational documents are also available for free download.
- National Science Teachers Assn. http://www.nsta.org/about/standardsupdate There are several documents and articles related to the Framework and the NGSS.
- National Research Council Board on Science Education Framework Site: http://www7.nationalacademies.org/bose/Standards_Framework_Homepage.html This group produced the Framework for K-12 Science Education and the site has many resources, including a report brief and recorded webinars.